THE BEGINNING





I did not start to photograph the sky until July of 2006 when I finally entered the age of technology and bought a camera phone; the earlier photos are all taken with this. Once I realised how important these photos would become to me I bought myself a digital camera. All photographs are taken from our garden or hanging out of a window in our house; save a few that I took when we had a rare outing. I know nothing about composition or lighting. What you get is just what the camera clicked. Just because a photo is blurred or my hand shook does not mean I won't be posting it.


It was still
OUR SKY

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Aha...! I appear to be the first person to comment on this blog. I have admired your sky pictures on other blog posts and they are certainly worthy of their own spot. The sky is not the limit as you have shown, it is an ever changing canopy of spectacular light, colour and cloud.
Great photos.

RUTH said...

Hi Sheila; you are indeed the first. I've not actually advertised it as I won't be posting regularly; just when I have some time.......I popped it on my side bar MY BLOGS link to see if anyone noticed...well done my eagle-eyed friend
Rx

Libbys Blog said...

Hurray! another Sky blog!
Well done Ruth, I don't care if the photos on my sky blog are good or not, if I like them on they go!!! I will link my sky blog to yours if thats ok! and like you I won't be posting everyday!!

RUTH said...

Thanks Libby; wil do likewise with yours. As you can see I'm working in retrospect...wonder how long it'll be till I catch up???

Elsie said...

I cannot believe it!!! When, if ever, do you sleep, Ruth???
I love your sky photos, the colours are so much more mellow and soft than ours here in S.A.

Take care and keep taking these wonderful pics.

Lcxxx